Welding at the College of Technology
一道本不卡免费高清ISU takes great pride in preparing those who wish to become successful in any of several welding careers that range from heavy manufacturing to orbital welding. Our welding lab is very well equipped and faculty have extensive backgrounds in the welding profession. Our approach to welding is "hands-on" with instruction provided "over the shoulder" as faculty train each student on an individual basis.
What can our Welding program do for you?
一道本不卡免费高清The ISU Welding program has placement opportunities within the structural steel and piping industries based upon your abilities at graduation. Welding is a rewarding career choice that offers some of the highest wages in the market. Career paths for successful professionals could include leadership opportunities as well.
Graduates Employed or Continuing Education Five-Year Average
Idaho Median Income
National Median Income
Welders join metal pieces by use of electric arc equipment. Because of its strength, welding is used to construct and repair parts of buildings, machinery, tools, ships, automobiles, spacecraft and thousands of other products. Welders are highly skilled technicians who must be familiar with the properties of metal, blueprint reading, safety procedures, various welding procedures, and processes as well as the operation of hand-held equipment, and a variety of welding machines. Before being assigned to work on buildings, bridges, pipelines or other jobs where the strength of the weld is highly critical, welders may be required to pass a certification examination of their welding skills.
Aptitudes and Interests: Welders should have an interest in the construction trades and be willing to wear protective clothing, safety shoes, goggles, helmets and other devices to prevent burns and eye injuries. Welders must have very good manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination as well as good form and spatial perception.
- Welder-Fitter Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Course Sequence Associate of Applied Science Degree: Welder-Fitter
- Welder-Fitter Advanced Technical Certificate (2 years)
- General Welder Intermediate Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (4+ years)
- Program accepts students in August and January
- Typical classroom hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Program admits 30 students each year
- Physical demands for this program may include lifting, standing, bending, and close vision
- Architectural and structural metal manufacturers
- Agriculture, construction, and mining machinery manufacturerers
- Commercial and industrial machinery manufacturerers
- Structural and steel piping industries
Minimum Test Scores
|SAT||English: 360||Math: 360|
|ACT||English: 14||Math: 14|