If selected for a scholarship award, award notification will be sent to your ISU email or your current mailing address as listed in BengalWeb. Students are encouraged to monitor these sources for award information. If you are not selected you will receive no such notice.
Tips for Applicants
BOSS Scholarship Eligibility:
- You must be fully admitted to ISU to qualify for scholarship opportunities.
- You must be an active “Degree-Seeking” student to apply for scholarship opportunities.
- Make sure your major is current in the ISU student system.
- All scholarships require full-time status unless otherwise indicated.
- To be considered for any need-based scholarships, you must have your current FAFSA completed for the award year in which you are applying, prior to the scholarship opportunity deadline to be considered.
- A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for undergraduates, and a minimum 3.0 GPA is required for graduate and professional students unless otherwise indicated. GPA requirements vary.
- If a letter of reference is required, you will have 7 days after the application deadline to make sure it is received for scholarship consideration.
- Be prepared to provide essays, email addresses of individuals who will be providing required reference letters or other required documents.
All documents, except letters of reference, must be uploaded to your online application by the scholarship opportunity deadline; letters of reference must be received within 7 days of the scholarship opportunity deadline.
The application will state if letters of reference, essays or other materials are required for a scholarship.
All document attachments become the property of ISU and will not be returned.
The following students are encouraged to access BOSS:
- Entering Freshmen with no less than a 2.0 high school GPA who have been fully admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students
- New Transfer students with at least a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.0 who have been fully admitted to Idaho State University as degree-seeking students
- Continuing Undergraduate students, active in an ISU program, with a minimum cumulative ISU undergraduate GPA of 2.0
- Professional students, active in the Doctor of Pharmacy program, with at least a cumulative ISU professional GPA of 3.0
- Graduate students, active in an ISU graduate program, with at least a cumulative ISU graduate GPA of 3.0
Please read the descriptions and related deadlines carefully and apply for those scholarships where you appear to meet the minimum criteria. Due to variations with majors, minors, & concentrations, as well as the complexity of some scholarship criteria, some scholarships may be "recommended" to you for which you are not eligible.