How will my previous coursework transfer to ISU?
Course Review Process
一道本不卡免费高清Transferable credit reviews are initiated once an official transcript for admitted degree seeking students are received. Evaluations are completed within 5-7 business days and students are notified through their ISU email account.
- All official transcripts must be sent to ISU directly from the issuing institution.
- Office of the Registrar evaluation specialists initially determine lower division course equivalencies based on content matches between the two institutions.
- Students will work with their major department to determine equivalent upper division credit.
- If the course content does not match a course taught at ISU or can not be determined based on the information available the credit will transfer as an elective (1XXX, 2XXX, 3XXX, 4XXX).
- Coursework that initially transfers to ISU as elective credit may go through a second review process. The student will initiate the review process with their academic advisor.
Students should log into their BengalWeb account for academic advisor information. If the student needs assistance or would like to speak to an advisor contact ISU's Central Academic Advising 一道本不卡免费高清office, 208/282-3277.
Where do I send my official transcripts?
Note: transcripts must be sent directly to ISU from the issuing institution to be considered official.
For electronic official transcripts (sent by Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Escrip-Safe),
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
一道本不卡免费高清For official transcripts sent by mail,
Please mail directly to:
Office of the Registrar
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave
Mail Stop 8196
Pocatello, ID 83209-8196
Transfer Course Policies
ISU follows a semester hour credit system.
- Transferable credit hours are determined based on the credit hour system used by the originating institution (semester, quarter, unit).
- Credits earned on a system other than semester hour will be converted to semester hours during the transfer evaluation course review.
- Credits transfer to Idaho State University at the course level designated at the institution of origin (upper or lower division).
- lower division (1000-2000 level) credit MAY NOT be used to meet the university's upper division (3000-4000) credit minimum regardless of the appropriate course equivalencies.
- Courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis for transferable credit.
- Credit earned from Regionally accredited institutions are transferable (see accreditation tab for more information).
- Credit earned from Non-Regionally accredited institutions will not automatically transfer (see accreditation tab for more information).
- Transfer grades are converted to the ISU grade system with a proceeding T (TA, TC, etc) and do not affect the ISU GPA.
If there is a question as to whether or not a transfer courses satisfies a specific departmental requirement, the head of the department concerned will make the interpretation.
Awarding of Credit from Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions
一道本不卡免费高清The process for considering possible transfer credits and recognizing undergraduate degrees granted by non-regionally accredited colleges and universities is as follows:
The student must petition the appropriate academic department at Idaho State Univeristy. In addition to formal evaluation of the request, the department may require competency verification.
一道本不卡免费高清In the petition, the student must explain how s/he wishes to deviate from university policy.
Course Transcript Key
- "T" before a grade means transfer grades
- Direct equivalencies are denoted using the ISU course number.
- Elective courses will display with the equivalent ISU subject code followed by a course with "XXX"
- The 1st digit of the transfer course number denotes the level of the course
(Example Only) Fall 2012: Coffee College
|ENGL||1101||English Composition||TS||3||Equivalent to ISU ENGL 1101|
|HIST||3XXX||Chai Tea Since 1920||TB||3||Elective Upper Division credit|
|COMM||2XXX||Cold Brew Literacy||TA||3||Elective Lower Division credit|
|PNUR||01XX||Whole Bean Practices||TB||3||Elective Professional Technical credit|
|MATH||00XX||Variables of Double Mocha||TS||3||Remedial course (not college level credit)|
一道本不卡免费高清** Only Undergraduate coursework is evaluated
**For Graduate credit, please contact ISU's Graduate School
In the United States, accreditation assures students, families, and government entities that an institution provides a quality education.
一道本不卡免费高清The United States Department of Education provides oversight over the postsecondary accreditation system through its review of all federally-recognized accrediting agencies. The Department holds accrediting agencies accountable by ensuring that they enforce their accreditation standards effectively.
The accrediting organizations listed below are recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (). Recognition by CHEA affirms that the standards and processes of the accrediting organization are consistent with the academic quality, improvement and accountability expectations.
Regional Accrediting Agencies
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Commission on Colleges (SACS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
Click to find out if the institution you attended is accredited by one of the agencies listed above.
一道本不卡免费高清 (208) 282-2661
一道本不卡免费高清 (208) 282-4231
一道本不卡免费高清 Museum of Natural History, Building 12, Room 318
8:00 am to 5:00 pm M,W,Th,F
9:00 am to 5:00 pm Tues