- Why can't I register for my class?
- Course Information
- Petition/Exception Procedure
- To add or drop a course from your schedule please review the academic calendar for ISU's Add/Drop period.
- To add or drop a course log into your ISU BengalWeb account.
- Once logged in, click on the Academic Tools tab link
- Select the Academic Tools Tab, click on the Add or Drop Classes link under the Registration Tools channel.
- If you would like to swap sections of a course you are enrolled in
- Click on the Add or Drop Classes link.
- Choose WEB DROP for the course you wish to drop, add the CRN for the new section then press the Submit Button.
- If you would like to change the number of credits for a variable credit course:
- Click on the Add or Drop Classes link
- In the credit hour box, change the credits listed (highlighted in blue) to the credits you want to take.
- Click on Submit Changes (bottom left) button to update your schedule.
How do I add myself to waitlisted course?
- To add yourself to a course with an active waitlist go to the Add or Drop Classes link and find the course that is closed.
- If a waitlist seat is available click the dropdown arrow (from the action menu) and selects Add to Waitlist.
- Then click on the Submit Changes (bottom left) button to update your schedule.
- If a seat becomes available you will be notified via your ISU email account.
- You have 24 hrs from the time the email is sent to enroll in the waitlisted course.
- If you do not register through your BengalWeb account during the time allotted the seat will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.
- If you forgo your seat (do not enroll in the time allotted) you will need to add yourself back to the waitlist.
ISU Course Attendance Policy
Students are responsible for their registration activity. If a student is unable or unwilling to attend any or all classes for which they have registered, it is the student's responsibility to drop or withdraw from their coursework using their ISU BengalWeb account.
Course instructors have the authority to drop registered students from courses during the first week of class for non-attendance.
一道本不卡免费高清An instructor may also assign a student an "X" (failing grade for non-attendance) grade at mid-term or as a final grade if a student has not attended/participated in class or does not meet the attendance policy established in the course syllabus.
Common Registration Errors
If you receive this error message the course you are attempting to enroll in has a course prerequisite not listed on your student record. If you think you qualify to enroll in the course, contact the instructor or department chair to discuss your registration options.
The course you are trying to enroll in has a co-course requirement. You must concurrently enroll in both courses at the same time. Find the CRN for both courses (example: BIOL 1101 & 1101L) and enter both CRNs into the worksheet before submitting.
Major, Department or Program restriction:
The course you are trying to enroll in is restricted to specific majors. If you wish to major in the discipline contact the department to initiate a formal change of major request, or you may contact the instructor for a course override.
一道本不卡免费高清The course you are trying to enroll requires instructor permission. Please contact the instructor for an override to enroll in the course.
Maximum Hours Exceeded:
Undergraduate students are allowed to attempt a maximum of 18 credits per term. If you wish to increase your credit load please contact your college for dean permission to increase your courseload.
Class Level Restriction:
一道本不卡免费高清The course you are trying to enroll in is restricted to a specific class level (i.e. junior or senior). If you feel you are academically prepared to take this course, please contact the department for a registration override.
Auditing a Course
Students wishing to audit a course must receive permission from the instructor using the Schedule Change Card form. This form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar during the published Add/Drop period for the term to change the course grade to audit.
No course audit changes will be processed for a current term after the add/drop period.
一道本不卡免费高清A person who wishes to audit a course is permitted to attend a course only as an observer.
Repeating a Course
Some courses may be repeated for credit. Check the Academic Calendar for information on the number of credits that may be earned in a repeatable course.
一道本不卡免费高清The Office of the Registrar will exclude grades and credits for repeated courses in the calculations on student records. The original course and grade will remain on the student's transcript. The most recent grade and credits are included in the credit and grade calculations.
Pass/No Pass Course option
P/NP grades are given in courses taken under the pass/no-pass option. This option is offered only to undergraduate courses.
一道本不卡免费高清Students wishing to use the Pass/No Pass option must receive permission from the instructor using the Schedule Change Card form. This form must be submitted to Office of the Registrar during the published add/drop period for the term to change the course grade to P/NP.
No course P/NP changes will be processed for a current term after the published add/drop period.
Withdrawing from a Course
一道本不卡免费高清From the end of the add/drop period to the end of the withdrawal period, a student may elect to withdraw from their coursework. Students who withdraw from courses will receive a W grade on their official student record.
Course Exception Procedures
Students wishing to have a course or policy related to graduation requirements reviewed may utilize the university petition process.
- The student is responsible for submitting all supporting documentation to their advisor to initiate the review process.
- A recommendation from the academic advisor stating why an exception review is warranted must be included on the petition form.
- The College will review the documentation and advisor statement of support.
- The College will note their recommendation and/or provide a final review determination.
- The student will be notified of the review outcome.