Learn about the importance of academic integrity, how to avoid plagiarism, and basic tips for citing and documenting your sources in your coursework. This tutorial can be taken all at once, or in three separate sessions. To take the tutorial in one session, click on:
For best results you may want to use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Note: For quizzes, look in your Moodle course(s). If your instructor has asked that you take this tutorial and the accompanying quiz, it should be located in your Moodle course. In the event that you do not have this in one of your Moodle courses, please contact Spencer Jardine or Caprice Huse.
The offers research tips and tricks to enable researchers to do their work.
Note: Look for ResearchPath Tutorial quizzes in your Moodle course. Instructors who wish to make the quizzes available within their Moodle course may ask for the files from Spencer Jardine or Caprice Huse.
The Library of Congress Call Number System
Learn about call numbers in the SearchPath Tutorial section titled Understanding Call Numbers.
一道本不卡免费高清These tutorials include an audio component and run automatically.
- How to Use the Databases Best. (4:06)
- Full Text, Library Services, and More. (4:19)
- Do you have my article? (3:57)
- A tutorial for distance students and faculty.(4:50)
- Understand Wikipedia and Make the Best Use of It. (3:41)
- General Tips (4:59)
- Limit Results by Location in the Library Catalog. (5:38)
- Learn how to evaluate the sources chosen for your research project based on the SCORE criteria of Scope, Currency, Originality level, Reason, and Expertise of author. The resulting credibility score and your judgment about relevance to your topic combine to determine which source(s) to use for your college-level research project. (13:15)
Tutorials Created by Our Vendors and Others
Multimedia Tutorials Creators
|Catherine Gray||Librarian at ISU Library -- Idaho Falls|
|Atul Mehta||Tutorial Assistant|
|Sabin Subedi||Former Tutorial Assistant|
|Laura Gleason||Library Assistant II|
|Molly Montgomery||Former ISU Librarian|
|Lingpei Zou||Former Teaching Assistant|
|Spencer Jardine||Coordinator of Instruction in Pocatello|
- For tutorial suggestions and comments, please contact Spencer Jardine, Coordinator of Instruction, at (208) 282-5609, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need immediate assistance with research, and these tutorials do not appear to answer your questions, drop by the reference desk for informal help from a librarian at the reference desk, call (208) 282-3182, or send an email via Ask a Librarian.