Idaho Center for Health Research
Monthly IPE Events in Collaboration with ICOM
Interprofessional Education, IPE, is critically important within all health science disciplines. It is even incorporated into the accreditation requirements for many ISU programs.
ISU faculty and the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM) collaborate in monthly IPE events that are available at ISU-Meridian and on the Pocatello campus, or via distance for students who are not on campus.
The events are scheduled throughout the 2019-2020 school year on most Wednesdays, from 1-3 p.m. and 3-5 p.m. There are two schedules, one for the first-year ICOM DO students, and one for the second-year ICOM DO students.
Contact Luke Mortensen
(email@example.com) for specific information about participation.
If you would like to speak with faculty of an ISU program that participates in these events, please contact Jen Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the College of Pharmacy.
“Local” Opportunities for Presenting Scientific Posters and Disseminating Research Findings
Grant Technical Assistance Workshop
September 5 – 6, 2019
Idaho State University-Meridian
一道本不卡免费高清HRSA’s Office of Regional Operations (ORO) Region 10 will host a FREE, two-day Grant Technical Assistance Workshop in collaboration with Idaho State University (ISU), the Idaho Primary Care Association (PCA), and the Southeast Idaho Area Health Education Center (AHEC). Registered participants will receive a redacted grant application and Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for use throughout the workshop.
Each participant will register and attend one track. We strongly encourage organizations interested in multiple tracks to send multiple staff. Note, registration for this event is FREE and virtual participation is available. To register for:
- Track 1: HRSA Grant Writing Basics, please click
- Track 2: Grant Integrity and Compliance, please click
- To register for Track 3: Administration and Human Capital, please click
Idaho Conference on Undergraduate Research
July 30 - July 31, 2019
一道本不卡免费高清Boise State University
All students from across the state of Idaho involved in research, scholarship or creative activity are invited. The conference includes keynote speakers, poster presentations by students from all academic disciplines, research talks, and networking events.
ORS 48th Musculoskeletal Biology Workshop
一道本不卡免费高清July 25 – July 28, 2019
Sun Valley, Idaho
The workshop has a long-standing history for having a major impact on scientific thinking in the field of skeletal biology particularly in areas related to histomorphometry, in vivo animal models, and biomechanics. Numerous travel grants/awards are given each year to the early career investigator.
ISU Shines at Idaho Conference on Undergraduate Research
一道本不卡免费高清At the July 2019 Idaho Conference on Undergraduate Research (ICUR), Idaho State University faculty, staff, and students were heavily present. Sixty-six ISU students presented posters. Among those were students mentored by faculty of the Kasiska Division of Health Sciences, including:
- Julianne Nguyen, Dr. Cynthia Blanton (Mentor). Quantifying Herb and Spice Intake.
- Marcos A. Cervantes, Molly E. Vitale Sullivan, Frank Gigray, LJ McKenzie, Dr. Danny Xu (Mentor) Dr. John H. Thurston (Mentor), Dr. Ken Cornell (Mentor). Development of a Facile CuAAC-based Strategy for the Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Non-hydrolyzable Inhibitors of the Enzyme 5’-methylthiadenosinenucleosidase.
- Libna S. Lauevanos, Tyler Smith, LJ Mckenzie, Dr. John H. Thurston (Mentor), Dr. Danny Xu (Mentor). Development of Novel Drugs to Treat Amoebic Dysentery by Inhibition of Entamoeba histolytica MTA Nucleoside.
ISU-Meridian Faculty Awarded NIH Training Grant
A group of ISU-Meridian faculty from numerous health disciplines are working together with the help of professional mentors to enhance the experience for students learning to care for patients with cancer. The team was selected to participate in the Interprofessional Education Exchange (iPEX) project for 2019-2020. The iPEX training course is sponsored by the National Cancer Institute, one of the National Institutes of Health.
一道本不卡免费高清The program is designed to support the development of IPE in cancer care. The group will address palliative care learning needs of students, rural community members and practicing clinicians across the state. The group is made up of the following faculty:
- Susan Tavernier, PhD (nursing)
- Barbara Mason, PharmD (pharmacy)
- Logan Lamprecht, PhD (counseling)
- Barbara Gordon, MBA, RDN, LD, FAND (dietetics)
- Shauna Smith, MS, CCC-SLP (speech/language pathology)
一道本不卡免费高清 Idaho Center for Health Research, ISU-Meridian
一道本不卡免费高清1311 E Central Drive
Meridian, ID 83642