ISU Health Fair
ISU Pond Student Union Building March 5, 2020
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The purpose of the annual Idaho State University Health Fair is “to provide evidence-based health education and information, activities and demonstrations, and screenings to promote awareness of healthy lifestyle habits and disease prevention among the participants.” By achieving this purpose, we hope to help empower people to live healthier lives.
The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Idaho State University (ISU) Pond Student Union and will showcase ISU's Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS) clinics. KDHS faculty and students will offer free health screening services, including blood pressure screenings, point-of-care diabetes screening tests (blood glucose [sugar] and A1c), foot exams, dental screenings, hearing screenings, and medication reviews.
Services available at the KDHS Clinics health-screening event:
- Blood pressure, pulse, and height and weight assessment by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Depression and anxiety screening by the ISU Psychology Clinic faculty and students
- Fall risk screening by ISU Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy faculty and students
- Foot assessment and care by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Hearing screening by ISU Audiology faculty and students
- Medication review and evaluation by ISU Pharmacy faculty and students
- Nutrition education and information by ISU Dietetic faculty and students
- Oral health screening by ISU Dental Hygiene students
- Traumatic brain injury screening by ISU Counseling Clinic faculty and students
- Summarizing a health action plan by Health West ISU
- Laboratory services provided by Portneuf Medical Center and Medical Lab Sciences faculty and students
After visiting the screening stations, attendees will be offered the opportunity to talk with a care team provider from Health West - ISU Clinic and KDHS faculty and students, who will review each person’s screening results and provide a customized Health Action Plan, including recommendations for follow up appointments and lifestyle adjustments.
As always, the 2020 Idaho State Univeristy Health Fair will include educational booths and displays from Idaho State University programs and community businesses. F一道本不卡免费高清ood demonstrations will be available throughout the day.
For more information about the 2020 Idaho State University Health Fair, please contact Carol Kirkpatrick, PhD, RDN, Health Fair Planning Committe Chair, at email@example.com or (208) 282-3559.
Discounted Laboratory Services offered by Portneuf Medical Center
- HDL, LDL, and VLDL cholesterol tests
- Triglycerides test
- Blood glucose (sugar) test
- Liver, kidney, muscle, and heart function tests
- Complete blood count
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test
Blood draws are available all day (8 AM - 6 PM) during the 2020 Idaho State University Health Fair.
Pre-Health Fair blood draws are available February 1, 2020, through March 4, 2020, at Portneuf Medical Center Laboratory Services.
Results for blood work drawn at Portneuf Medical Center Laboratory Services by March 1 will be available for pick-up and review at the 2020 Idaho State University Health Fair and can be reviewed by a KDHS faculty or Health West Health Action Plan team member.
Post-Health Fair blood draws are available March 6, through March 15, 2020, at Portneuf Medical Center Laboratory Services.