Civil & Environmental Engineering
Civil Engineering is a broad field in engineering with many different specialties to choose from. The Civil Engineering Program at ISU can prepare you for success in all areas. The average starting salary for a Civil Engineer graduate is roughly $52,000 year. Some of the exciting careers available deal with the planning, construction, and maintenance of fixed structures, or public works, as they are related to earth, water, or civilization and their processes. ISU offers both an Undergraduate Program and a Graduate Program Civil Engineering Program. What are you waiting for? Apply here.
一道本不卡免费高清The Bachelor of Science (BS) program in Civil Engineering (CE) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, .
Our mission is to educate the next generation of civil engineers and leaders to develop sustainable infrastructures and to advance the state of the profession. We strive for close student-faculty relations through a small effective educational setting in a friendly environment. We prepare traditional and nontraditional students to succeed in professional practice.
Program Educational Objectives
The following Educational Objectives have been established:
- Graduates will apply technical knowledge in complex engineering projects and obtain professional licensure.
- Graduates will be professionally competent, evidenced by leadership, teamwork, management, and communication skills.
- Graduates will engage in professional development, life-long learning, and service to their profession and society.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiment, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economics, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written, oral, and graphical media.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, and societal contexts. Importance of engineering contribution in a global and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Undergrad Enrollment||BS Degrees Awarded|